Entry Visa Application
Students applying from abroad who have received a formal letter of admission should apply visa at the nearest Taipei Economic and Cultural office, consulate or representative agency for entry visas to enter Taiwan. Visitor visas and resident visas are issued to students depending on the duration of their study. However, international students admitted to a degree program will need to apply for resident visas.
To apply for a resident visa, please apply with the following documents:
- A passport valid for at least six months;
- A duly completed application form with one photo;
- Supporting documents or official admission letters; and other relevant documents.
- Health Certificate if applicable.
- Application fee: For foreigners from the countries with which the R.O.C. has entered into reciprocal agreements, the resident's visa is issued gratis. The application fee is NTD2,200 for single entry; NTD3,000 for multiple entry, and NTD3,600 for U.S. citizens. Resident's visa holders are required to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate at the city/county police headquarters nearest to their residence in Taiwan within 15 days after their arrival.
Visa application forms can be downloaded from the websites of "the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs".